
As our school's illustrious Arts Representative I was sent up to Ogden for two days last week to go to a statewide arts conference. I had never been to Ogden before, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was a pretty good sized city and reminded me a lot of Tacoma (on a smaller scale :) I had also never stayed in a hotel by myself before and I couldn't help thinking as I walked in that I felt like a real adult. We stayed at Hotel Ben Lomond, and let me tell you, it was quite the hotel. It was built back in the 1890's, opened as a hotel in the 1920's, and is a historical landmark; the lobby is beautiful and the food was good. My room was nice (and huge! it had a sitting room and a bedroom, when I laid in the middle of the bed I could reach out and not touch either side. I also had t.v.s in both rooms and yes I turned them both on so I could have Law and Order surround sound while I was in the shower) but I think I was one of two people staying on the 7th floor. Apparently not all of the rooms were of such high quality; I talked to a girl in the elevator who was also attending the conference and she said that the walls and ceiling of her room were full of holes and there was blood on the lampshade (a little scary...). My friend and I decided that she must have had the Al Capone room (he stayed there once and the restaurant is named after him). Other than that it was all good and the conference was a lot of fun.
1 comment:
How did I not know of this fun little getaway? I am glad that you enjoyed your experience in Ogden...it is an interesting place.
Post a Comment