Last summer I went to Alabama to hang out with my sister and her family. I helped Caitlyn catch bugs and played baseball with Jackson, we took the kids for picnics, went to the BEST fireworks show in Opelika, and spent a day in Montgomery. It was HOT and wonderfully humid.
There was also a museum that had a bunch of activities for the kids and clothes for them to dress up in.
I also spent some time at home. We had a 90th birthday party for my Grandpa (my Dad's dad) who was able to come visit from Hawaii. Other than that I mostly just hung out and spent time with my family. After a few days I went up to Seattle to see my brother and my Mom, who was visiting from Florida.
Mom and Jason at a coffee shop where we had breakfast one morning
I'm an unabashed city girl, and I absolutely, positively love Seattle
We spent time downtown, many hours in the bookstore (no surprise there), and went to a Seattle Sounders soccer game which was a whole lot of fun. We also drove down to visit my Mom's parents in southern Washington. The traffic was terrible, a drive that should have taken two hours took SEVEN. But we had fun. :) We stopped in Olympia and found a record store and a really yummy sandwich place for lunch. We listened to music and chatted and it really didn't feel like that long a trip.
So summer was fantastic...and then school started...and that was good too...and then I went home again for Christmas (time passes fast, huh?). Jana and Ben and the kids (plus one more! sweet and beautiful little Lauren) all came up for Christmas too.
Dad and Lauren
Caitlyn and Rosie, our giant goldendoodle doggy
Caitlyn on the jungle gym
And then she wanted to take a picture of me
Caitlyn wrote a play about an elephant getting stuck in the mud. She and Jana and Ben are performing the play (this is right before the part where she jumped into Jana and gave her a black eye...)
Aaron and Jackson by the Christmas tree (with Caitlyn running around in the back)

So those are pretty much the biggest things that have been going on. I'll try not to go another two years before posting again... :)
We took the kids to play on the playground at the elementary school where Jana and I went. It was VERY COLD but the kids had fun.
Jackson on the slide (sorry it's a little blurry)
So those are pretty much the biggest things that have been going on. I'll try not to go another two years before posting again... :)
3 comments:
Lindsey! It is SO GOOD to have an update from you again. It looks like you have been busy and had a lot of great time with your family. Seattle looks so beautiful, it's a place I dream of visiting someday. Oh, and you are beautiful too! Love you!
Now that's some wonderful vacationing.
Thanks for updating! I love to hear what you are up to!
Post a Comment