Monday, July 14, 2008

Freedom

I probably should have written this about two weeks ago, and all I can say in my defense is that it has really only just begun to sink in...but I am DONE with my masters degree. It is such an immense relief and I kind of smile every time I think about it. Not quite two weeks ago on a Wednesday we had our last day of class. The Friday before the dean of the school of education came up from Cedar City to pass out certificates to us making it all semi-official. Sadly SUU (Southern Utah University) only does commencement (and prints diplomas!) once a year, so I will have to wait until next April for both. But really, is that so bad? The day after I finished my wonderful friend Dave threw a party for me and for Jill (who very sadly is moving back east for school, but way to go Jill!). All in all, life is good.

2 comments:

David and Amy said...

Way to go, Lindsey! That is such a great accomplishment. Also, I can't believe how big your niece is. I still pictured her as a little newborn! Time flies, doesn't it? Enjoy your freedom!

Dolores said...

We are soooo proud of you, Lin!!!
(And by the way, I like commas too :-) )