This week I went to the great state of Alabama to visit my sister, Jana, her husband Ben, and their ridiculously adorable children Caitlyn and Jackson. It was so nice to get away and to see them all, especially since I hadn't seen them since Christmas. It was also nice to leave parched Utah for the humidity of the south.
My niece and nephew are amazing. Caitlyn is a brilliant, precocious, 2-year old who knows exactly what she wants, and Jackson is happy, laid-back 1-year old and I miss them already. They all live in Auburn, AL while Ben finishes his doctorate in Psychology.
While I was there we went swimming, took walks to see the ducks, went to the blueberry patch, and to the Columbus Catfish baseball game (which was unfortunately rained out).
At the blueberry patch:
Before the baseball game we went for a walk along the Chattahoochee River, I saw a turtle swimming in it but sadly I didn't get my camera out in time for a picture.




Caitlyn was putting on make-up with me.


I've never seen a sign like this one...they must get some pretty crazy storms in Alabama.
1 comment:
We miss you too!!!! Come back and live with us. You know you want to live in sweet home Alabama :)
Post a Comment