Monday, September 1, 2008

Oh What a Run


Almost a month ago I ran the longest run of my life - a gruelling 13 miles. Yes, I Lindsey Smith, ran a half marathon. I can't really believe it right now and let's be honest I couldn't believe it then, but it truly happened. Thank you so much to Mona who came all the way to run with me! Most of it was actually really good, though towards the end it got a little rough. For the last couple of miles my feet and ankles started really hurting; I ended up going to see a podiatrist a few days after. It turns out that the bones in my feet don't align properly with my leg and the stress of such a long distance exacerbated the problem, finally making it apparent to me. I took a couple weeks off after the half, though, and I am happy to report that I'm MUCH better now. And running again. :)

4 comments:

David and Amy said...

I'm glad you're feeling better now. I'm in awe of you doing a half-marathon! I don't think I can handle anything longer than a 5K. You're amazing!

Allison said...

You are a champ! But I must say, you didnt run 13 miles...you ran 13.1!!! Cant forget that .1 it is a killer!

Dolores said...

Hooray for you Lin!!! What a great accomplishment!!! It sounds exhausting. Love You

Krystal said...

Go Lindsey! :)